Chafffhaye for Livestock
If you are an owner of prized livestock, you have probably faced the difficult challenge of finding quality forage on a consistent basis. It is not always easy to keep the digestive system of livestock properly functioning, while also meeting a large percentage of your animals’ daily nutrient requirements at a reasonable cost. Chaffhaye provides a solution as a superior alternative to baled hay and processed feeds.
Why Are We The Best?
Chaffhaye is crafted from premium-quality alfalfa. While still fresh, the crop is chopped, lightly misted with molasses, and compressed into an airtight bag. A fermentation initiates in the bag, transforming the forage into a ‘super soluble’ forage. In the bag, yeast, enzymes and beneficial bacteria unlock nutrition from the plant fiber and convert its nutrition into a form that is usable and more readily absorbable by your animal. This “pre-digestion” process closely mimics the digestive activity in the intestinal tract of healthy ruminants and browsers. Since Chaffhaye is dust-free and virtually mold free, it alleviates the most common digestive and respiratory ailments generally associated with the feeding dry hays and pellets.
As a premier source of quality fiber, Chaffhaye is the safest and most convenient way to maximize health and performance of livestock. When used as 100% hay replacement, your animal will demonstrate a marked improvement in digestion, immunity, growth and performance.
Minimally processed, Chaffhaye is the closest product you can buy to natural pasture. Hence it is called premium “Pasture-in-a-Bag.”
- Top Quality – Chaffhaye is premium alfalfa harvested at optimal plant maturity to maximize nutrients. Chaffhaye is a supreme source of fiber, protein, and nutrients for horses. Nutritionally, 1 bag of Chaffhaye is equal to 1.5 bales of good-quality hay.
- Superior Digestibility – Chaffhaye is a natural source of yeast, beneficial enzymes and live microorganisms that support healthy digestion and absorption of nutrients. Chaffhaye helps establish healthy microflora in the gut of weaning animals and reduces digestive ailments, including colic and impaction. Being easily masticated and digested, Chaffhaye is the perfect solution for senior horses.
- Versatile – Chaffhaye Alfalfa is easily mixed with other forages and or pelleted feeds, allowing you to craft a custom ration of desired nutrition for your animal.
- Dust Free – Chaffhaye retains natural plant moisture and is 100% dust free. This makes it ideal for horses with coughing and respiratory ailments.
- Superior Palatability – Soft and leafy like pasture, Chaffhaye provides a pleasant aroma and is coarsely chopped to release enzymes and maintain good gut motility. A kiss of molasses ensures that every last bit is licked clean.
- Easy Storage – Double compressed, Chaffhaye occupies 1/3 the space of baled hay. Weatherproof packaging allows storage outdoors with no loss of nutrition.
- Easy Transport – Sturdy 50-pound bags are convenient for travel and feed out.
- Less Waste – Horses normally eat 100% of Chaffhaye, including stem matter. This means less waste and cleaner stalls. Because of the higher nutrient absorption of Chaffhaye, horses generate up to 50% less manure, reducing fly populations and barnyard cleanup.
- Cost Effective – Chaffhaye is much more nutritious than hay, so the amount of supplements and hard feeds can be greatly reduced. Other considerations are lower feeding and storage losses. A long shelf life with no loss of nutritional value means no wasted feed.
- Certified Weed Seed Free – Chaffhaye is ideal for habitats where foreign seeds are controlled or prohibited by law.
Chaffhaye Alfalfa provides the animal owner with exceptional versatility in crafting a ration that closely meets the desired nutritional requirement of each animal. If achieving optimal milk and meat production is the aim of the feeding program, the ration may be tailored in favor of Chaffhaye Alfalfa, a nutrient-rich forage product. Conversely, if animal maintenance is the aim, the ration can be shifted to incorporate a grass forage to compliment the benefits of Chaffhaye Alfalfa.